The Video Production programme introduces students to the fundamentals of photography and videography with the objective of equipping them with practical photography and filmmaking skills. This programme takes the student through the ABCs of exposure, cameras, lenses, sound, and lighting.
Great photography or filmmaking doesn’t end with knowing your equipment. Great storytelling combined with excellent images and impeccable sound is what enables us to make a lasting impression in the mind of the viewer! This programme is for film enthusiasts who desire to forge a career in, especially, photography and filmmaking.
Video Production Modules
- Production Fundamentals
- Cameras and camera accessories
- Exposure, Shots, Camera angles and Camera Movements
- Composition Techniques
- Lighting and Sound Recording
- Sound Editing with Adobe Audition
- Video editing with Adobe Premier
- Proposals, Treatments, Scriptwriting and Directing
- Marketing and distribution
|Acting and Directing I
|Film Production I
|Sound Recording and Editing
|Masterpiece of Film
|Special Effects – Adobe After Effects
|Film Business and Management
|Academic Project I
|Total Credits: 66
Download Course Outline PDF
- Working knowledge of Windows or Linux
- Good Laptop preferably an Intel core i5 or core i7 with at least 4Gb of RAM
- Four (4) months including the submission of a supervised project.
- Registration: 10,000frs
- Tuition: 200,000frs
Certificate To Be Obtained
June to September / October to January / February to May (All year round)
Career / Job Opportunities for Video Production Professionals
Video production professionals have a wide range of career and job opportunities available to them, including:
- Film and Television Production: Professionals can work for film and television production companies, producing content for movies, TV shows, and commercials.
- Corporate Video Production: Many companies hire video production experts to create corporate videos for marketing, training, and other purposes.
- Freelance Video Production: Freelance video production professionals can work on a project-by-project basis, providing services such as videography, editing, and post-production.
- Social Media Marketing: With the rise of social media, there is a growing demand for video content for platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. Video production professionals can create content for social media influencers, brands, and businesses.
- Event videography: Video professionals can work in the event industry, covering weddings, conferences, concerts, and other events.
- Education and Instruction: There is also work in the education sector, creating instructional videos for schools, universities, and online learning platforms.
- Documentary Production: Documentary filmmakers require video production professionals to help them with filming, editing, and post-production.
- Journalism and News: They can work in the journalism and news industry, producing video content for news organizations, online news platforms, and social media channels.
- Animation and Visual Effects: Some video production professionals specialize in animation and visual effects, creating animated content for films, TV shows, and commercials.
- Post-Production: They can work in video editing, colour correction, sound design, and other post-production services. They can work for production companies, post-production houses, or as freelance professionals.
Click Apply Now button below to apply for our Certificate in Video Production Programme or talk to us on WhatsApp to find out more!